Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Feeling Yukky



Howdy. It's 10:09 PM here and we're watching the All Star game. The score is 1-0 NL. Matt Holiday hit a homer. I am feeling not so good. We ate at Subway and I had a salad and soon afterward I started feeling less than fine. Stomach is cramping and feel like I may hurl. I didn't do much today. Washed the bed clothes and cleaned the kitchen. The UPS came but I didn't feel like working on the computer. I will tackle that tomorrow.

Owen finished a paint by number he had been working on and I think it turned out really well. I'm going to try and post a pic here in a second. I'm on the laptop tonight.

I talked to my dear friend in Illinois and he was pretty emotional over the All Star game ceremonies and Yankee Stadium being torn down. We talked for a while and then I let him go watch the game.

Freda (an older lady who is a long time family friend) stopped by this evening and brought me lots of thyme and sage and parsley from her herb garden. It smelled so wonderful. I am drying some and freezing some. She also brought me 4 strings of dried green beans that she had strung. I think the technical term for them is fodder beans, but everyone here calls them "leatherbritches". I wonder if anyone reading has ever heard of that. Heh.

Well, I suppose that is most of my day. There were a few other little things I didn't mention like: Owen road to the dump with his Pa, he wrecked 2x on his bike and broke his chain guard off (it's a Mongoose and we've had nothing but trouble out of it), a young man here who I have known for many years was found dead in his home and they are unsure what happened, he was 32. Owen found a large snake skin in the yard and brought it inside to show me (joy), and I received my Doubleday book club feature selections postcard in the mail but when I go to their website it will not let me decline them. I hope I don't forget about it before August 11 because I certainly don't want Danielle Steel's "Rogue" sent to me! I may post more later if I feel any better.
PS: The All Star game score is now 2-0 NL, was a sac fly. Grrrrrrrr!!

No comments: