Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cleanin' Out The Closet

Slept in a little today. I had a computer coming at 9:00 AM and I just wanted to get as much rest as I could prior to working on it. The lady showed up on time and brought in her computer and we talked a while about what she wanted done. She wants to upgrade to Vista (which I tried to talk her out of) and wants more RAM. I told her I would look at it and see if she was able to upgrade to Vista with her current CPU etc. To make a long story short, after looking over her machine and a few phone calls, she decided to stick with XP and get more RAM and a new CPU. I placed the order with newegg.com and the stuff should be here soon.

Then about 1:00 PM I started cleaning house a bit. Folding laundry, cleaning toilets and tubs etc. When I was folding the laundry I realized that some of Owen's clothes are getting too small for him, so I decided to go and take ALL of the clothes out of his dressers and closet and sort through them to see what good clothes he still has for back to school. Yes, I know it's only July, but school starts here the last Monday in August and that will be here before you know it. He needs new glasses also, so I would like to have an idea of how much money I will be spending for back to school needs.
So, we hauled all the stuff to the living room, put one of our favorite DVDs in the DVD player and started trying on clothes. I was surprised how much he has grown! We made a very large pile of clothes to be given to one of my friends children who is smaller than Owen. Previously I have tried selling clothes on Ebay, having yard sales, etc., but I've found out that the simplest thing to do is to just give them to someone who can use them.
When we were about half through with the stacks we realized that we were pretty hungry. So, we ran out to Dairy Queen and had a little treat. Owen had a milkshake and I had a Moolatte. Since we had lots of leftover potato soup from yesterday, I didn't cook.

We came home and watched Baseball Tonight...Red Sox beat the Twins again!!! Then we started packing up Owen's things because he is spending tomorrow night with his Nan and Pa. They called earlier in the day and asked if he could come and spend the night with them. They said they had the cards ready. They love to play rummy with him and watch cartoons. They will stay up until 2:00 AM playing cards and talking and watching old TV shows. For some reason Owen loves it.
To explain about his Nan and Pa, they are not my parents nor his Dad's parents. My best friend, Anne, and I have been friends since we were young. My mom passed away when I was only 6 years old, and her Mom and Dad were like parents to me. So, naturally, now they are like Owen's grandparents. He loves them so much and is very lucky to have them.
We managed to get him all packed up and he went to bed very excited about tomorrow.

I did some more work on the scarf I am knitting (for Owen's Nan). It's looking better all the time. I can't wait until I am finished just to see the end result! I'm just laying here in bed now, on the laptop, all snuggled up in my quilt with my 2 fans on and drinking a nice warm cup of chamomile tea. I'm currently reading a Debbie Macomber book called "The Wyoming Kid". It's not so great, but once I start a book, I try to see it through.

Well, that was my day. I hope that if anyone is reading my little blog that you had a nice day also. Gooodnight!

No comments: