Monday, July 14, 2008

Can't Sleep

It's 3:03 AM and I am wide awake. I've not been sleeping very well lately. Owen has of course been sleeping for a while. He took his medicines and after a nice shower went right to sleep. He has asthma and takes Singular and other meds daily.

I'm just browsing the internet. I have been using the Mozilla Firefox browser, but since the release of Firefox 3 I have encountered a few bugs that have irritated me a bit so I decided to download Opera just to play around with it a bit (mostly due to insomnia and boredom), and I found that I actually like it. I am still using Firefox as my default, but Opera isn't half bad and it is actually faster for me.

I've been reading random articles on Wikipedia, watched some Australian TV, read lots of baseball history and watched a few episodes of Tom & Jerry on Boomerang. I even went and signed up for a trial of XM and Sirius radio, just to try them both out and see which one I thought was better. A friend of mine from Illinois has been debating on which one to get and I thought I'd check into them both. I found that I much prefer just having my own music and playing what I want when I want. I'm so spoiled with mp3 players and the like that even the all 80s stations nor the all 90s stations nor the Elvis station seemed to make me smile. I am musically jaded. :)

I discovered that I have some horizontal lines running across both of my big toenails and this has caused me some alarm. I read that it could be caused because of a serious illness! Maybe I am a bit of a hypochondriac. It's been said before. Of course, reading about every illness known to man on the internet probably doesn't help any.


I thought about putting in one of my DVDs of TV shows but none of them seemed too appealing. I considered "Leave It To Beaver" and "Green Acres". I watched one episode of "Green Acres" (the one about Molly Turgiss's ghost) and turned it off.

I feel like I am not being very productive and I think that is why I am not sleeping. I want to do something, something that matters. Not just to me but to those around me, something they can benefit from.

Oh well, on to other things, the Home Run Derby is tomorrow and Owen is excited about watching it. He was a little disappointed because Arod isn't going to be in it. He isn't a Yankees fan but he thinks Arod is the best long ball hitter around right now and thinks it's a shame he isn't going to be in it. Then of course the All Star game is coming up. He always enjoys that. I will like it this year since there is an ample supply of Red Sox in the lineup :)

I've also been looking at www.cdnow.com at the new and future cd releases. Nothing looks too promising. I will get Sugarland's new one, I really like them. I suppose I should pre-order it. There is no place in my town that sells CDs. Can you believe that? I actually have to drive 30 miles to purchase a CD. That takes me to the nearest Wal-Mart or record store. In my tiny town we have a Rite-Aid, Family Dollar, Dollar General Store and 2 grocery stores. Of course there is main street with it's little thrift shops and antique shops and family owned businesses, but as for actual retail chain stores, that is all we have.

I order all of my yarn off line as well as all of my music and clothes and Owen's clothes. I do get his play clothes from one of the thrift shops in town. Sometimes it is annoying having to order things, but I actually prefer it to going to the mall or Big Generic Mart. I haven't been to the mall in so long, I think it's been over 3 years! I also order all of my computer parts from the internet, even if I travel the 30 miles to a bigger town, they don't have the parts I need.

Wow, I sound like quite a hermit. I suppose I am in a way. I am pretty quiet and prefer quiet activities and hobbies. I've never got into the whole social scene. Most of my friends drink and get pretty loud and obnoxious and I can't tolerate that long- if at all. I haven't been to a movie theatre in a long time either. Once again, I have to drive 30 miles to see a movie, and then, once there, I find I much prefer watching a movie in the comfort of my own home, where I can pause and rewind as much as I want and I don't have to pay high prices for a drink and a snack. I also don't have to listen to someone else's children screaming etc. I don't sound like much fun to be around do I? :)

Well, I don't know if there is a limit on blog length, if there is I am sure I am coming close. I am going to go and try to sleep once again. I am sure that this post has put anyone to sleep reading it..hmmm, there's an idea, maybe I should go read my blog! Night....again

No comments: