Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Early Tuesday

I'm up early. I didn't get to sleep until around 3:30 AM, so I'm still a bit tired. It's 6:15 AM now. Owen is going to go and help his Pa prepare his deck for staining or sealing or some such thing. He is going to be using a palm sander. He gets paid a little and he enjoys work like that. We laid out his working outfit last night along with eye protection. You can't be too careful.

I am going to write a bit while he is doing that and I have UPS coming today with the computer parts I ordered. I will work on the computer and hope to get it finished and ready for pick up this evening.

I'm not cooking today. I think we'll go and grab something at Subway. I like their salads and Owen loves the pizza sub. We don't have many places to eat here in town. Subway is probably the place we eat at the most. We also have a DQ but we don't like any of their hot food. We do occasionally have a blizzard or other ice cream there. We tried the Girl Scout mint cookie blizzard last week and we didn't like it so much.

I finished the scarf for Nan. It turned out really well, I was pleased. I added fringe and it really made a difference. I tried to take pics to post but I am not good at taking pics of scarfs. I will have to figure that out. I started on a beanie now. I'm using a wool blend that is sort of watercolors. I hope it turns out well. Knitting is such fun, I am addicted.

We watched the Home Run Derby last night. Josh Hamilton did well in the 1st round with 28 homers but couldn't win it in the 3rd round. Even though he didn't win the entire thing, they were still calling it his night. They went on and on with lots of cheesy announcing about his having been on drugs. I had never heard of the guy until the last few days when they were talking about expecting him to do well in the derby. The All Star game is on tonight. I am, of course, rooting for the AL to win. I am sure they will, I think they have a much better field.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. I'll post more tonight after the All-Star game, or I may hook up the laptop and post while we're watching it. I really need to make a post telling you a little about my life etc. That will be next on my things to do...blog about the last 32 years of my life..well, more of less, just so those of you who read will know a bit more about me. Until then.......

No comments: